Here are the 20 horses expected to run May 4 in the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs. Click on a horse’s name to learn more and to watch a replay of his last prep race. Horses are ranked by their points on the Kentucky Derby leaderboard.
Rank, horse, points, trainer, jockey
1. Tacitus, 150, Bill Mott, Jose Ortiz
2. Omaha Beach, 137.5, Richard Mandella, Mike Smith
3. Vekoma, 110, George Weaver, Javier Castellano
4. Plus Que Parfait, 104, Brendan Walsh, Ricardo Santana Jr.
5. Roadster, 100, Bob Baffert, Florent Geroux
6. By My Standards, 100, Bret Calhoun, Gabriel Saez
7. Maximum Security, 100, Jason Servis, Luis Saez
8. Game Winner, 85, Bob Baffert, Joel Rosario
9. Code of Honor, 74, Shug McGaughey, John Velazquez
10. Haikal, 70, Kiaran McLaughlin, Rajiv Maragh
11. Improbable, 65, Bob Baffert, Irad Ortiz Jr.
12. War of Will, 60, Mark Casse, Tyler Gaffalione
13. Long Range Toddy, 53.5, Steve Asmussen, Jon Court
14. Tax, 52, Danny Gargan, Junior Alvarado
15. Cutting Humor, 50, Todd Pletcher, TBA
16. Win Win Win, 50, Michael Trombetta, Julian Pimentel
17. Country House, 50, Bill Mott, Flavien Prat
18. Gray Magician, 41, Peter Miller, TBA
19. Spinoff, 40, Todd Pletcher, Manny Franco
20. Master Fencer, Japanese qualifier, Koichi Tsunoda, Julien Leparoux
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!