Antimalarial drug touted by President Trump is linked to increased risk of death in coronavirus patients, study says

View Reddit by adWavveView Source

0 0 vote
Article Rating

What do you think?

Notify of
guest
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
AutoModerator
AutoModerator
23.05.2020 07:21

As a reminder, this subreddit [is for civil discussion.](/r/politics/wiki/index#wiki_be_civil) In general, be courteous to others. Debate/discuss/argue the merits of ideas, don’t attack people. Personal insults, shill or troll accusations, hate speech, **any** advocating or wishing death/physical harm, and other rule violations can result in a permanent ban. If you see comments in violation of our rules, please report them. For those who have questions regarding any media outlets being posted on this subreddit, please click [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/wiki/whitelist) to review our details as to whitelist and outlet criteria. *** *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the… Read more »

viva_la_vinyl
viva_la_vinyl
23.05.2020 07:21

Trump’s hydroxychloroquine habit is the triumph of rightwing quackery

Squidot47
Squidot47
23.05.2020 07:21

See, this just proves that Trump was right–he said that this drug would be a “game changer,” and I’d say that the POTUS taking a drug that increase his own risk of death, as well as the thousands of others currently taking it at his suggestion, is definitely a “game changer.”

Reddit_guard
Reddit_guard
23.05.2020 07:21

>…published Friday in the medical journal the Lancet For those unaware, that’s about as good of a journal as you can publish your work in (and before anyone retorts with the “but Wakefield” junk, do remember that the journal acted swiftly once it became apparent that his work was bullshit). Of note, this is a retrospective chart analysis rather than a randomized control trial. However, you’ll also notice the sheer volume of results these authors gathered (96k data points!). While RCTs will always be regarded as something of a “gold standard,” these results should not be disregarded solely because a… Read more »

[deleted]
[deleted]

[deleted]

turdfergusonRN
turdfergusonRN
23.05.2020 07:21

I’m ashamed to say that we used that frequently on our hospital floor during the worst weeks and all I saw were people going into sudden cardiac arrest. This is after we did daily EKGs on everyone. I’m convinced we’ll see this caused excessive deaths in future studies.

snowbeardthegrey
snowbeardthegrey
23.05.2020 07:21

Conclusion, Trump wants as many people as possible to die.

Coronovirus is another thing that disproportionately affects blacks and those penalized by extreme inequity.

Might nail a few mail-in voters while he’s at it.

Osterconspiracy
Osterconspiracy
23.05.2020 07:21

What do you have to lose /s

Snarl_Marx
Snarl_Marx
23.05.2020 07:21

Suddenly I’m really really really hoping Trump wasn’t full of shit when he claimed to be taking this as of a couple of weeks ago.

Hinged31
Hinged31
23.05.2020 07:21

Live Tonight: Laura Ingraham in complete meltdown mode.

GunNutYeeHaw
GunNutYeeHaw
23.05.2020 07:21

Have a double Trump. It’s on me.

synapsize
synapsize
23.05.2020 07:21

Wait, so you mean to tell me that the guy who’s desperate to save face in the midst of the pandemic response and economy he fucked up, who believes vaccines cause autism and that the body has a finite amount of energy to expend in a lifetime (yes, like an alkaline battery), and who thinks “windmills” cause cancer, gave terrible medical advice?

Get right the fuck out of town.

OptimoussePrime
OptimoussePrime

*yet another study says

soomuchcoffee
soomuchcoffee
23.05.2020 07:21

Say what you will about the man, but I’ll be god-damned if Trump is like the Call Ripken of fucking shit up. Every day he’s out there ruining shit, wakes up: ruins shit. Casino, where the house always wins: bankrupt.

The man is the ultimate Apex of the Self-Own.

scottyboy218
scottyboy218
23.05.2020 07:21

This one has me torn. On one hand, I don’t want people dying for silly reasons. On the other hand, these idiots are blindly following every word of this moron, so I kind of don’t mind

Timmetie
Timmetie
23.05.2020 07:21

>For those receiving hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic — the cocktail endorsed by Trump — there was a 45 percent increased risk of death and a 411 percent increased risk of serious heart arrhythmias. Oof, that’s a LOT. Also, I thought how high can the numbers be. If it’s not a controlled test the numbers better be high enough to compensate. >Nearly 15,000 of the 96,000 patients in the analysis were treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine alone or in combination with a type of antibiotics known as a macrolide, such as azithromycin or clarithromycin, within 48 hours of their diagnosis. Oke… Read more »

SWEET__PUFF
SWEET__PUFF
23.05.2020 07:21

I don’t mind anyone demanding this and killing themselves. I just hope there’s no doctors stupid enough to push it. Natural self selection.

TheTackyTurd
TheTackyTurd
23.05.2020 07:21

People would be better off following Chris Cuomo’s coronavirus regimen before resorting to that cardiotoxic drug.

yourboydmcfarland
yourboydmcfarland
23.05.2020 07:21

He’s not even taking it. He is trying to sell people on the drug so they buy it and he profits. That’s all this presidency has been about, profiting from the citizens.

bop999
bop999

“I never endorsed it.” – Donald Trump, probably

Slapbox
Slapbox
23.05.2020 07:21

> This is just a Trump enemies statement.

RunsWithApes
RunsWithApes
23.05.2020 07:21

Nobody should be taking any advice, especially medical, from Donald Trump. I can’t even fathom how dumb someone would have to be to take that big of a gamble with their health.

jeefray
jeefray
23.05.2020 07:21

I doubt Trump even took the medication. He’s a verbal shit poster.

FermatSim
FermatSim
23.05.2020 07:21

Everything he touches turns to shit.

hennell
hennell
23.05.2020 07:21

Could Trump become the first president to assassinate himself?

pzherrington
pzherrington
23.05.2020 07:21

He should, he should keep taking it. He’s the smartest scientist, possibly ever in history, right? What a 🤡

waitwhosaidthat
waitwhosaidthat
23.05.2020 07:21

I’m a pretty right wing guy. I’m Canadian but still pretty far right. I just can’t for the life of me figure out why on earth anyone would listen to trump. He’s an idiot. Our prime minister is pretty left winged and I’m not a huge fan of him in general but I’m proud of how he handled this for the most part. If I were American I’d be down right pissed off at the handling of this even as a republican.

[deleted]
[deleted]

[removed]

Mentalinertia
Mentalinertia
23.05.2020 07:21

Look removing any political part of this situation it’s fucking dangerous to promote a drug that is unproven for treatments of conditions even if the drug is deemed safe for use in other treatments. Why hasn’t that been the headline all along.

ShadowClaw765
ShadowClaw765
23.05.2020 07:21

So, Trump is killing his base again?

Biden regrets remarks about black support: 'I shouldn't have been such a wise guy'

Biden regrets remarks about black support: ‘I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy’

‘I think Amazon should start paying their taxes,’ Joe Biden says