McConnell Under Water on Approval in Kentucky

Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
AutoModerator
AutoModerator
23.05.2020 09:27

As a reminder, this subreddit [is for civil discussion.](/r/politics/wiki/index#wiki_be_civil) In general, be courteous to others. Debate/discuss/argue the merits of ideas, don’t attack people. Personal insults, shill or troll accusations, hate speech, **any** advocating or wishing death/physical harm, and other rule violations can result in a permanent ban. If you see comments in violation of our rules, please report them. For those who have questions regarding any media outlets being posted on this subreddit, please click [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/wiki/whitelist) to review our details as to whitelist and outlet criteria. *** *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the… Read more »

sniffles11
sniffles11
23.05.2020 09:27

I won’t believe any of that unless they actually vote his ass out.

TheUltimateSheev
TheUltimateSheev
23.05.2020 09:27

All his constituents need to remember he wants to take away their benefits

BB4All
BB4All
23.05.2020 09:27

>PPP’s newest Kentucky poll finds that Mitch McConnell continues to be unpopular in the state, with *only 41% of voters approving* of the job he’s doing to 48% who disapprove. Only 69% of Republicans approve of the job he’s doing, and independents split against him 30/53. In my view, those numbers are still way too high for one who has to be one of the most consistently traitorous men in America – aside from the Pinocchio President* Trump . The one who has been most devoted to and responsible for the dismantling of the “administrative state” aka as our Federal… Read more »

OffManWall
OffManWall
23.05.2020 09:27

He’s in a CLOSE race with a female Democrat. I hope she kicks his ass in November.

StubbsTheWolf
StubbsTheWolf
23.05.2020 09:27

Kentuckians, register to vote [here](https://vrsws.sos.ky.gov/ovrweb/)

Check your registration [here](https://vrsws.sos.ky.gov/VIC/)

And share this with your friends and family please.

mattd1972
mattd1972
23.05.2020 09:27

And, come November, they’ll push guns and abortion and forget about the 250000 dead. I don’t have any confidence in elections being fair this year.

a_very_nice_username
a_very_nice_username
23.05.2020 09:27

Public Policy Polling interviewed 1,104 Kentucky voters on May 14th and 15th.
Kentucky Senate GE:
Mitch McConnell (R-inc) 47%
Democratic opponent 44%
The margin of error is +/-3.0%
Come on Kentucky, you can do this!

VeepWarren
VeepWarren
23.05.2020 09:27

Kentucky. I beg you. Vote this man out if you love your country. Amy McGrath is a true patriot. She will help your state grow and prosper. She will restore your dignity.

refillforjobu
refillforjobu
23.05.2020 09:27

>McConnell only has a 47-44 lead **against a generic Democratic opponent.** By contrast Donald Trump has a 16 point lead over Joe Biden in the state, 55/39.

Damn that’s not looking good for Mitch.

ClicketyClackity
ClicketyClackity
23.05.2020 09:27

Turtles do just fine underwater. Do not get complacent Kentuckians. Fucking fix this.

NoVacayAtWork
NoVacayAtWork
23.05.2020 09:27

McConnell likely will win his race, despite being a despicable self dealing America hating scumbag.

Here’s why his win won’t matter: We flip five seats and Mitch loses all of his power in the Senate. McConnell losing the Senate majority is a death blow to Republican obstruction and destruction politics.

Pick a senate race, encourage people you know in those states to vote (early by mail if possible), and donate/volunteer if you have time.

We take the Senate and Mitch sits on his turtle hands until he retires.

nginn
nginn
23.05.2020 09:27

Maybe let’s not call a 3 point lead “under water” …
Taking on water maybe.

Kimball_Kinnison
Kimball_Kinnison
23.05.2020 09:27

McConnell has always polled in the 19% range. Kentuckians hate him, but they love the fact that a Kentucky Senator rules the country, and will NEVER vote him out.

geraltimon
geraltimon
23.05.2020 09:27

Just wanted to say, I literally just made sure I was registered to vote, did so online, so I could vote against Mitch.

The online form was relatively easy, but I had to use dishes, not slashes, for my DOB, it wouldn’t let me proceed at one point due to this. So just be aware KY people, when it asks for SSN, and DOB, do exactly what the example looks like.

Sweet_Roll_Thieves
Sweet_Roll_Thieves
23.05.2020 09:27

Please Kentucky, do the right thing. You did well with getting a new governor that actually cares about you, now do the same for your Senate seat.

You deserve to be represented by someone light years better than McConnell.

shapu
shapu
23.05.2020 09:27

Approval means nothing. Pre-election polls mean more. Actual election results mean the most.

BigBlueNate33
BigBlueNate33
23.05.2020 09:27

As someone who lives in a fairly conservative County in Kentucky, I literally have never met anyone that actually supports McConnell. Even as someone who is more conservative myself, McConnell is definitely NOT getting my vote

forumer101
forumer101
23.05.2020 09:27

I just wish that the title was literal.

KrypticKraze
KrypticKraze
23.05.2020 09:27

Unpopular opinion: approvals don’t matter, actual results do. Approval stats got you Trump.

Christhephotographer
Christhephotographer
23.05.2020 09:27

Poor states voting for the super rich to stay poor .

dentalen
dentalen
23.05.2020 09:27

Good lets hope this hold truth to power in November! Vote these wannabe oligarchs OUT!

Goolajones
Goolajones
23.05.2020 09:27

I don’t even live in the US and I know how terrible that man is. I’m desperately hoping after Trump, Mitch is my second on my wish list for election losers. Lindsay Graham is number three and it’d be awesome if you guys dumped Cruz too. Even if Biden wins, if you guys still have Mitch controlling your Senate, very little will change.

Edit: spelled Biden as Bunsen originally lol

A_Melee_Ensued
A_Melee_Ensued
23.05.2020 09:27

This is actually very high approval _for Mitch McConnell_ who is widely despised in Kentucky. There were times in 2017 when his home state approval was in the teens. He was extremely vulnerable in 2014 but his Democrat opposition was an absolute train wreck of a candidate. Looking much better this time!

Buckets-of-Gold
Buckets-of-Gold
23.05.2020 09:27

Well yeah he’s just about the least popular senator in the country.

Not a good guy but I this isn’t enough to get my hopes up for a 20 point + swing.

Psychedelic sci-fi Blood Machines hits Shudder, watch the trailer here

Psychedelic sci-fi Blood Machines hits Shudder, watch the trailer here

Behind Trump’s demand to reopen churches: Slipping poll numbers and alarm inside his campaign