Poll: Most say they won’t go to gym, restaurants despite reopening

Poll: Most say they won't go to gym, restaurants despite reopening

Poll: Most say they won’t go to gym, restaurants despite reopening

View Reddit by CapitalCourseView Source

0 0 vote
Article Rating

What do you think?

Notify of
guest
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
AutoModerator
AutoModerator
23.05.2020 09:15

As a reminder, this subreddit [is for civil discussion.](/r/politics/wiki/index#wiki_be_civil) In general, be courteous to others. Debate/discuss/argue the merits of ideas, don’t attack people. Personal insults, shill or troll accusations, hate speech, **any** advocating or wishing death/physical harm, and other rule violations can result in a permanent ban. If you see comments in violation of our rules, please report them. For those who have questions regarding any media outlets being posted on this subreddit, please click [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/wiki/whitelist) to review our details as to whitelist and outlet criteria. *** *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the… Read more »

Swmando
Swmando
23.05.2020 09:15

Have you seen the infection curves for most states? They are still peaking.

You can open up, but you can’t make us go out.

I just feel sorry for the workers.

EMAW2008
EMAW2008
23.05.2020 09:15

People are out and about like they have free healthcare.

13B1P
13B1P
23.05.2020 09:15

I was a waiter until March 15th. I’m not going back. Those places are hot spots for EVERYTHING that comes through town. Every year, we all get the shit that gets passed around because we’re standing there while people shout at us to be heard over the noise. People who project while they eat get particles everywhere and there’s no amount of hand washing that is going to keep a server from passing it along. There’s no insurance, no health care, no sick days, no benefits, just tips. I was there for the tips an the tips were good. That… Read more »

Volcanohiker
Volcanohiker
23.05.2020 09:15

Nope, I’m online shopping for almost everything until a vaccine that is proven.

ProvoloneMalone
ProvoloneMalone
23.05.2020 09:15

Having adapted to working out at home, I probably won’t go back to the gym. Never had a problem ordering food or doing pick up.

I can’t imagine that I’m the only one.

YaknBassn529
YaknBassn529
23.05.2020 09:15

I’m gonna keep my ass at home. I’ll leave to go to work, grocery store, and fishing but I’ll stay home otherwise.

It’s my dipshit apprentice at work I worry about.

MissionStyle
MissionStyle
23.05.2020 09:15

Opening gyms is a monument to human ignorance. Other than traveling, can you think of any other place you are more likely to spread this quickly? Even traveling people wear masks, people at the gym probably not. Everyone is sweating and breathing more and harder. People wiping the sweat off of their face.

Vigolo216
Vigolo216
23.05.2020 09:15

I won’t do anything in the public arena other than walks in the park and food shopping until a cure or vaccine is found. Silver lining: I have learned to make amazing bread and my pizza skills went through the roof thanks to this pandemic. Once I master drunken noodles, I’m going to be all set.

tediousavocado
tediousavocado
23.05.2020 09:15

Gyms: “Be sure to wipe your sweat off the equipment before the next person uses it”. Really? This was always gross. No thanks.

damunzie
damunzie
23.05.2020 09:15

Who will be going to the gym and restaurants? Those who are most likely to spread the virus due to their demonstrable stupidity in going to the gym and restaurants. I hope those forced to work under these conditions are given all the supplies they need to protect themselves, but I’m not optimistic.

DoEyeKnowYou
DoEyeKnowYou
23.05.2020 09:15

My practices won’t be changing whether they live the orders or not. Order food to go a few times a week and eat at home, go to the grocery store 1-2 x a week, take walks later in the evening (after 10pm) when streets aren’t nearly deserted. Which thankfully my state has done quite well with the reported numbers considering our size and population density.

banditta82
banditta82
23.05.2020 09:15

I really do not see this as a yes or no question. Will I go out to a restaurant early when there are 6 people in a place that holds 60, sure. Will I go to a bar on a Sat night when it is three deep, nope….I didn’t before either.

Thaaaaaaa
Thaaaaaaa
23.05.2020 09:15

The one casualty that sticks with me is that 5 year old girl in Detroit. I have kids, my friends have kids, my sister has a kid. No amount of microwaved overpriced bullshit is worth putting them at risk. I don’t understand how anyone can think their haircut or a fucking quesadilla is potentially worth the life of a child. However small the chance.

Dempsey64
Dempsey64
23.05.2020 09:15

My boss said that I don’t have to cut my hair.

zeeper25
zeeper25
23.05.2020 09:15

Covid increasingly is being shown to spread via airborne (aerosol) transmission, so choir practice or shared cardio space is a recipe for contracting it, which will likely kill your beach body…

powerje
powerje

duh

fruttypebbles
fruttypebbles
23.05.2020 09:15

I thought people would stay home. In my city,many are out mingling with strangers.

djwurm
djwurm
23.05.2020 09:15

you should see deep ellum and uptown in Dallas.. 10,000s of people at restaurants and bars and no mask in site… drove thru there today

Rmf16
Rmf16
23.05.2020 09:15

Bullshit. I work in a restaurant and we are only allowed to do 50% we have had waits for the patio even during shitty/rainy weather. Restaurants are going to get absolutely bumrushed once they are fully open.

Dildo_Teabaggin
Dildo_Teabaggin

Smart people observe.

Then they can decide.

Easy-Deesy
Easy-Deesy
23.05.2020 09:15

Bullshit. Everyone I know started going out to eat as soon as restaurants opened again.

AcademicDifficulty
AcademicDifficulty
23.05.2020 09:15

Most don’t want reopen right now.

CalmTrifle
CalmTrifle
23.05.2020 09:15

Gyms are one of the last places on my list I will go to when things open up.

I have a treadmill at home and slowly gathering stuff for weights to use.

guvan420
guvan420
23.05.2020 09:15

Gyms and restaurants are filthy places on the best of days, let alone adding on the covid factor.

buon_natale
buon_natale
23.05.2020 09:15

I won’t go indoors for anything other than grocery shopping until we get a vaccine. My boyfriend moans about not going to indoor restaurants to eat- which I get, as we’re in the south and the temperatures are rising- but I just won’t do it. Outdoors or nothing.

fckmenofcku
fckmenofcku
23.05.2020 09:15

Myself included. Just because a place of business opens doesn’t mean it’s safe to be there. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; there will be wave after wave of the virus until a vaccine is created and the majority are inoculated

tinyhorsesinmytea
tinyhorsesinmytea
23.05.2020 09:15

Really not worth the risk. You can eat and exercise safely at home or outside.

Lindsey Graham’s Hypocrisy On Donald Trump Is Laid Bare In New Attack Ad

Lindsey Graham’s Hypocrisy On Donald Trump Is Laid Bare In New Attack Ad

Loeffler says she won't drop out of Georgia Senate race after stock trade controversy

Loeffler says she won’t drop out of Georgia Senate race after stock trade controversy