Diddy says it’s ‘time to forgive’ Travis Scott over Astroworld

40


Diddy said he is ‘uncanceling the canceled’ (Picture: Getty)

Diddy has insisted it’s time to ‘forgive’ Travis Scott after 10 people died at the rapper’s Astroworld festival in November last year.

Scott, who’s also facing lawsuits over the tragedy, is set to perform at the Billboard Music Awards, with host Diddy saying he ‘demanded’ his appearance.

After being asked why it was important to have Scott, and Morgan Wallen (who faced backlash after using a racist slur) performing, Diddy – real name Sean Combs – said he is ‘un-canceling the canceled.’

‘Travis went through a tragedy; Morgan [used the N-word] while talking to his boy. People make mistakes,’ he added.

‘Now we’re moving on with love and respect for everybody that was hurt or affected. It’s time to forgive.’

Diddy, 52, continued to Billboard: ‘To have Morgan and Travis be able to come back and touch the stage again with the mindset of getting a second chance at life. Everybody in the room is getting a second chance at life, you know, because we’re back inside with no masks on. We need love and I’m excited about celebrating that.’

The star previously shared an Instagram video saying Scott’s appearance is down to him.

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

‘I made a request. I made a demand. I said, “My brother Travis Scott has to perform,”‘ he said. ‘And NBC said yes.’

The BBMAs will be held on Sunday in Las Vegas. Diddy is hosting and executive producing the event.

10 people were killed at Astroworld in a crowd crush during Scott’s performance in November, while a recent court filing claimed that more than 4,900 were injured.

A source close to Scott told TMZ: ‘It’s very clear that the tide is turning as the authorities and public conversation has been focused on concert operators and security contractors rather than performers.’

10 people died at Astroworld (Picture: WireImage)

Organisers Live Nation previously said in a statement: ‘We continue to support and assist local authorities in their ongoing investigation so that both the fans who attended and their families can get the answers they want and deserve, and we will address all legal matters at the appropriate time.’ 

Scott, 31, shared a statement hours after the incident and said: ‘I just wanna send out prayers to the ones that was lost last night. 

‘We’re actually working now to identify the families so we can help assist them through this tough time. My fans really mean the world to me and I always want to leave them with a positive experience.’ 

Defending himself, he added: ‘Anytime I can make out anything that’s going on, you know, I stop the show and you know, help them get the help they need. I could just never imagine the severity of the situation.

‘To the ones that was lost last night, we’re working right now to ID the families so we can help assist them through this tough time. 

‘I’m honestly just devastated… I could never imagine anything like this just happening.’ 

Wallen previously apologised for his use of a racist slur, saying: ‘I have one favor to ask. I appreciate those who still see something in me and have defended me. But for today, please don’t. I was wrong. It’s on me to take ownership for this. And I fully accept any penalties I’m facing.’

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : Astroworld: More than 4,900 people injured at Travis Scott’s festival where 10 people died, class action says


MORE : Travis Scott performing at Billboard Music Awards in comeback after Astroworld tragedy left 10 dead





Source link

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.