Now that we have started the AT&T Byron Nelson Classic, that means it’s time to play some Showdown contests. In case you are new to the format, typical Showdown GPPs on DraftKings offer upwards of $50,000 to first place for second-and third-round tournaments, and sometimes even up to $100,000 for the final round. They also provide weekend-long fantasy golf contests that offer $15,000 to first place, on average. Let’s take a look at PGA DFS picks for Round 4 of the AT&T Byron Nelson Classic.
Be sure to check out Awesemo’s expert PGA DFS Showdown projections and ownership projections for Round 4 of the AT&T Byron Nelson Championship, as well as our DraftKings Showdown PGA Cheat Sheet for daily fantasy golf picks.
Get 25% Off Awesemo+ Platinum Monthly
Awesemo’s newest deal is giving you 25% off a Platinum Monthly subscription. You can either click here or enter promo code GOLDRUSH at checkout when purchasing your Platinum Monthly subscription. GOLDRUSH gives you 31 days of Platinum access, which includes projections, rankings and ownership projections, and spans major sporting events such as NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, UFC 262, UFC 263, PGA Championship, NASCAR’s Coca Cola 600 and more. This offer expires on Thursday, May 20.
Round 4 DraftKings Showdown PGA DFS Picks for the AT&T Byron Nelson Classic
Previous Round Recap
Today was always going to be about Sam Burns and just how far he could get ahead of the field. Or conversely, how competitive this tournament could become if he didn’t play well. He ended up with what could reasonably be considered a mediocre day, bringing a lot of golfers into the mix. Going into the weekend, just two golfers were within three shots. After today’s action, that group has jumped to seven, and fifteen are within 5! The course played a tad harder today and certainly harder than round one, but the par 5s are just a little too easy and short for the best in the world.
Scott Stallings & Harris English were out early, and that certainly helped them as they were able to go out and sho0t a pair of 63s, while the second-best score of the day was six under. That six-under was shot by quite a few golfers, including Jordan Spieth, Ryan Palmer & Matt Kuchar.
Round 3 Stat Recap
Those who have been following my Showdown articles know I like to target golfers that are gaining strokes in all facets of their game; if one part goes south, they have others to fall back on. In Round 3, the following gained strokes in all four facets:
- Scott Stallings
- Troy Merritt
- K.H. Lee
Showdown Slate Preview
6:55 a.m. ET
Fantasy Golf Contest Preview
- DraftKings is offering $50,000 to first place and $150,000 guaranteed for the fourth-round slate.
Latest PGA DFS Content
Round 4 Byron Nelson PGA DFS Showdown Picks
- Charl Schwartzel ($8,700) A return to form for this Masters’ Champion, as Charl has been good since Friday at Augusta just over a month ago. He’s had a number of good starts since then and is taking advantage of his strong play this week on an easy setup. Sitting just three back to start the day, Charl will have a chance to win his first PGA Tour title since the Valspar over 5 years ago.
- Harris English ($8,100) Harris had a fantastic year professionally, and that culminated in a win at the Tournament of Champions to start this year. But as sometimes happens with a breakthrough win, regression set in, and he hasn’t seen the top 20 since then. Outside of Friday at the RBC Heritage, he’s been trending better as of late, and now has a chance for his first top 10 since January.
- Bronson Burgoon ($7,100) It’s been a very solid three days for Bronson, whose putter and ball striking have remained hot through these three days. He was trending towards being in the top 5 today, but his scrambling and around-the-green work really held him back today, losing over a stroke. That’s not likely to happen again tomorrow, and if the other parts of his game stays hot, he should be able to get into the top 5 by day’s end.
Sneaky Pick for Round 4 Showdown Lineups
- Troy Merritt ($6,800). Trending in the right direction all week was Merritt, gaining tee to green in each of the first two rounds, but the putter hadn’t shown up yet. On Saturday, it did, gaining over a stroke and a half on the day. I always feel it’s easier to back up a good putting performance with another one, given the golfer’s confidence is high. He’s also not that far out of the top 10, so he could make up positional points rather quickly tomorrow.
DraftKings and FanDuel Fill-Ins for the Byron Nelson
- Jordan Spieth ($10,600)
- K.H. Lee ($8,900)
- Cam Champ ($7,400)
Follow us on all of our social channels! Check out our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for more great Awesemo content.
Looking for more PGA DFS picks content? We have loads of articles daily fantasy golf, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets and more on the Awesemo PGA DFS home page.