Cheers and Jeers archive and future editions here. Way, way more than 2 thanks to The One, our Wicked Wizard of Wit and writer of Who Won the Week, Willhelm von kosland!
- Washington, the 13th state to join the “70% Vaccinated Club”
- Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), for finally serving slippery Rep. Mo Brooks (CULT-AL) with a lawsuit alleging he was a co-conspirator in the Jan. 6 insurrection
- Europe’s nerves, now calmed as President Biden arrives to assure the G-7, NATO, and EU that “America is back”
- Vermont’s state government, including GOP Gov. Phil Scott, for passing a law establishing universal mail-in voting
- Biden’s first three confirmed judicial nominees: Julien Neals (NJ), Regina Rodriguez (CO), and first-ever Muslim American federal judge Zahid Quraishi (NJ)
- The indigenous tribes, landowners, and environmentalists who fought for years to keep the Keystone XL pipeline from going online, as the project is permanently scrapped
- ProPublica, for snagging a massive trove of tax records showing billionaires pay little to nothing in income tax compared to their massive wealth
- The reverse-hackers who clawed back most of the ransomware paid to the crooks who shut down the Colonial Pipeline…and the agents who led a global online sting operation that nabbed 800 evildoers
- The world vaccination effort, as the U.S. donates 500M Covid doses, and G-7 nations donate another 500M to help poorer nations get their citizens vaccinated
- Our new cicada overlords
Bill’s Friday poll is here.
Who do you think won the week? Who made a winning move after Bill’s deadline on Friday?
Science gives us the headlights to let us see the risks along our road. Recent findings may be deeply troubling. However, they give us hope because they show us how to fix things. 100 years ago we had the Roaring 20s. Now we are in the Soaring 20s: We need to soar above our problems to prevent our temperatures from soaring. As Gnusies, we do not hide our eyes, we are truth-seeking commensals, sharing a table.
Our map of Gnuville: Over 635 of us have shared our global locations!
Image: Two maps of the United States, one above the other. Both maps indicate the approximate locations of members of the Good News Roundup community. The lower map contains many more blue pin-markers than the upper map. Upper image: A map of Gnuville from February 15, 2019 with fewer than 50 Gnusie pins. Lower image: A map of Gnuville from March 21, 2021 with 582 pins across our orb. [Thanks Kluger2!]
If you join us regularly, are you Following us? Almost 400 Kosacks Follow us.
Tech Talk for Kosacks
- Tips for Using the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine in Your Next Investigation by Global Investigative Journalism Network.
- In case you missed it: On a desktop or laptop, to banish the Daily Kos “Load More” buttons, click this link, which opens the main Daily Kos page and shuts off the Load More buttons at the same time. After that, you’re good to go.
- Got a Daily Kos tech question? Let us know.
- Solved a tech question recently? Please feel free to repeat in the comments.
Where Ever is Herd
Morning Good News Roundups at 7 x 7: These Gnusies lead the herd at 7 a.m. ET, 7 days a week:
- The Monday GNR Newsroom (Jessiestaf, Killer300, and Bhu). With their five, we survive and thrive.
- Alternating Tuesdays: NotNowNotEver and arhpdx.
- Wednesdays: niftywriter.
- Thursdays: pucklady the 1st Thursday, Mokurai the 2nd, oldhippiedude the 3rd, MCUBernieFan the 4th, and Mokurai the 5th (when there is one).
- Fridays: chloris creator. Regular links to the White House Briefing Room.
- Saturdays: GoodNewsRoundup. Heart-stirring and soul-healing introduction and sometimes memes to succumb to.
- Sundays: 2thanks. A brief roundup of Roundups, a retrospective, a smorgasbord, a bulletin board, an oasis, a watering hole, a thunder of hooves, a wellness, a place for beginners to learn the rules of the veldt.
hpg posts Evening Shade diaries at 7:30 p.m. ET every day! After a long day, Gnusies meet in the evening shade and continue sharing Good News, good community, and good actions. In the words of NotNowNotEver: “hpg ably continues the tradition of Evening Shade.” Find Evening Shades here.
For more information about the Good News group, please see our detailed Welcoming comment, one of the first comments in our morning diaries.
The 6 R’s of the Resistance
Joe Biden is now our President. However, we continue to stay vocal and active, we continue to pull Joe to the left, and we continue resist the GQP.
- Refresh and Rest: Take care of you, the hero: Eat well, exercise, and rest.
- Resist: Protest on the streets, call senators and representatives, etc.
- Rebel: Run for office, GOTV (Get Out The Vote), support a progressive.
- Revolt: Change the laws, change the culture, build your communities.
- Rely: Trust that millions of others are fighting the good fight.
- Rejoice: Joy promotes resilience and gives rise to hope.
How to Resist: Do Something …
Once again, GoodNewsRoundup:
Want to help us win in 2022? We need you!
Here are some things you can do:
We welcome comments in Roundups every day regarding:
- National or local Good News.
- Links, stories, music, videos, quotes, tweets. (No tweets or images of the saffron chlamidiot, please.)
- Your resistance activity.
In my Sunday smorgasbord Roundups, I especially welcome the following types of comments:
- Who won YOUR week?
- Questions about Daily Kos tech issues or our map.
- Good News Roundups and you.
- How are you resisting?
Top Image: Starhawk created this diary’s top image of the rampant gnu and gave it to the members of the Good News Roundup group (Gnusies)! Thank you, Starhawk! This is a quite detailed sketch of a gnu drawn in brown, green, and black. A happy and dynamic gnu dances on its left hind leg in a classic rampant heraldric pose. Joyful letters prance above and behind the mane: “Happy Dance.” Signature: Nick Korolev, 2021.
The Roundup is almost open!
Thank you for fighting for truth and justice with all us Gnusies! 40% of our Readers don’t visit every day, 50% of us do, and 10% are here for the first time! We all do what we can. For 3-1/2 years, we’ve shared positive news, laughed, organized, resisted, rebelled, revolted without being revolting, relied, rested, mentored, created, crossed rivers, chewed our cud, puffed methane out both ends, and laughed. Here’s looking at you, kid, and standing upwind!
As always, please share more Good News than I can find or provide.
This is a group diary, and by my power I declare this Good Gnus Salo(o)n open! Let the good-news sharing and community building begin!
Power with, not power over ❤️ ✊ ❤️
2thanks (he, him)