Today sees the arrival of the new Cathcart Circle Line DLC for Train Sim World 2 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC via Steam. This is the first Scottish route to arrive in the game and will take players on a journey along a modern suburban network that links Glasgow’s suburbs with the historic Glasgow Central hub. A new trailer (see below) introduces us to this journey that dates back to the late 1800s.
The Cathcart Circle Line began back in 1866 when the line between Glasgow and Cathcart via Mount Victoria opened, later in 1894 the circle was completed. 1903 saw the opening of Neilston Station and branches between there and Newton serving freight trains, nowadays they serve thousands of commuters.
Players on this route will take charge of a BR Class 314 EMU with the ScotRail’s livery and is an authentic representation, down to the smallest detail. Although, it should be noted the engine was retired from that line in 2019.
The Cathcart Circle Line DLC features:
- 20-mile (32 km) route from Glasgow Central to Newton and Neilston via the Cathcart Circle.
- BR Class 314 EMU in ScotRail Saltire livery.
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cab with accurate true-to-life performance and handling.
- Journey Mode featuring over 24 hours of activities to master.
- Accessible Training Modules and 5 detailed and engaging scenarios.
- Extensive 24-hour Timetable.
- Route Tasks including placing posters and refilling the iconic train planters.
Phil Campbell, ScotRail Head of Customer Operations, said: “Seeing the Cathcart Circle Line come to life in Train Sim World 2 has been an incredible experience. We can’t wait to see what players think as they take a virtual tour around our scenic route on the classic Class 314 which has been preserved here for all to enjoy.”
The Cathcart Circle Line is available now on consoles and PC, priced £24.99.